Uploads aren't working, why?
- Make sure you have the most recent version of flash enabled. If you don't have flash, we'll try to use a fallback uploader, but this is more likely to fail.
- Try uploading a smaller file first. If your upload speed is too slow, your connection may time out before the upload finishes.
- Is the upload starting, but never finishing? Or does the progress bar fill quickly and then the upload fails? A third-party anti-virus program may be interfering with your upload. If you’re using AVG, you’ll need to disable the Web Shield and LinkScanner. If you’re using Kaspersky Internet Security, try turning off port 80 filtering. If you’re using something not mentioned here, try turning it off.
Uploading fails with "Security Error 2049"This issue can be caused by an outdated browser or Flash version which does not have permission to upload files. The solution is to update to the latest version of your web browser and Flash plugin.
This can also manifest for some users using HTTPS. Try uploading from an HTTP version of the webpage instead.
What is the difference between 'share link' and 'direct hotlink?'
The share link will send users to the page and allow them to play or download the file.
The direct hotlink is for embedding directly in an application or website.
How does privacy work?There are three levels of privacy:
- Public: Everyone can see and listen to your track. Search engines will crawl your page.
- Unlisted: Everyone who has the link can see and listen to your track. Search engines will not be able to crawl the page.
- Private: Only you can see and listen to the track. Search engines will not be able to crawl the page.
Files in the directory are always public.
How do I hide my files from others / from search engines?
Use the Unlisted option on your file's privacy options.
How does the license setting work?
The license setting declares what level of copyright you reserve, and is for display only. It lets other people who encounter your track know what rights you have granted them. If you don't want people to downoad or redistribute your file, you can disable downloads.
Why is my track not in the search results?
Only tracks in the directory are included in search results.
What is the directory?
The directory is a collection of original music from artists on Kiwi6.
How do I add my music to the directory?
In order to be included in our search results you need to have an artist account and your track must be approved.