Minor health problems now mostly aside, I've continued tweaks, some instrument upgrades, and looking at upgrading some of the standard kit percussion I started with so long ago. I've gotten so used to how it's sounded for a while though. But the main thing is to increase quality, keeping a certain sound, whilst trying not to stray over 2Gb so I can still use my preferred editor and it's more accessible to more people with older equipment and will take up less RAM when loaded.
Even though I'm still testing out a few things, I thought it was about time I posted a new demo, a newer version of GEN MIDI (WIP) - Superman - Prelude and Main Title March. Much better when comparing to the old version. All sorts of instrument upgrades and tweaks since then.
I can't find a really good free English Horn (Cor Anglais) so I ended up compiling my own test. I'm now focusing on possible percussion replacements, then we might finally see a release.
After the leap in quality of string ensembles, I ended up reworking brass instruments. A little finishing off to do there and some woodwind instruments too. There are a few other instruments I may have beter samples for that I will test before implementing.
A couple of other instruments that I suspect are from commercial releases have been removed, and pretty good alternatives have been tinkered with to sound similar.
Ok, another delay, but a good one. Almost ready to go, I was tinkering with reverb and the string section yet again, trying to get a certain sound. Stumbled across some samples I've had for ages but dismissed before, now I realise they're what I've been trying to recreate with other samples. But they need work to be useable. I've found a better way of looping which has been needed for some of the instruments.
I just listened to one of the demos here, sounds so old and MIDI like to me already.